Saturday, September 15, 2007

Tired

I give up.

I have exhausted all the patience that I have for the games, lies, and various other misfortunes involved in the world of dating. The results of my searching have led me to nothing but heartache and deceit. Anger, sadness, disillusionment. These are the words that best describe the history of my love life.

"La donna e mobile cual pluma al vento..." Woman is as fickle as a feather in the wind. How true it is. One minute you might capture their imagination, but the next minute you mean very little to them. Rest assured that answers or explanation are not forthcoming. You will merely be left to wonder what went wrong, and why you weren't good enough. Interesting that this seems to be a recurring theme this week...

As I opened this posting, so I will end it. I give up. I no longer have the heart to pursue the opposite sex. The only thing I have found in that pursuit has been pain and frustration. Though I may end my days alone at least I shall have peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you feel that all you have gotten out of dating is pain and frustration. Join the club. Everyone has suffered as a result of relationships. I'm sure you have been on the giving side of pain in relationships as well. My only words for you are: you have chosen poorly. Don't give up, continute to date, but make better decisions about who you decide to date.

Angela said...

I think she's made a good point about choosing wisely. Don't settle for anything less than a Sister in Christ. Maybe go the bestfriend route and let love naturally follow.

This is coming from me, a gal who hasn't went on a date for over 2 years!! But in those years I've certainly had a lot of time to reflect, 'lick my wounds', develop my relationship with God, and learn A LOT about who I am and about not putting myself in relationships that take me away from my relationship with God.

My next relationship (I swear) will be one based on mutual respect and built upon the foundation of faith.

I could go on, but I've done enough ranting for one night;-)