Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Good Bye For Now, Dear Friend...

Tonight I attended the last Cardinal game that I will see in person this year. It has been a difficult season, to say the least. Lack of pitching, injuries, etc etc...

It is with great sadness that I walked out of Busch Stadium tonight. Knowing I would not step back through those magical gates or gaze upon that emerald diamond again until April nearly brought a tear to my eye. It was with even greater sadness, considering the outcome of tonight's game. (Swing the bat, Russell!) I will not watch a baseball game in October at Busch Stadium for the first time in 3 years, and that saddens me most of all.

Until next year, dear friend. I will likely pass by your wonderful facade in the offseason to see how you are doing. We will be together again soon...

No comments: