Monday, February 05, 2007

Almost There...

Spring Training starts on February 14th this year. Valentine's Day.

I can't help but consider this to be ironic. I dread the coming of Valentine's Day every year. This year, perhaps more so. February is a difficult month in my life, and the coming of Spring Training each year is typically the only thing that gives me respite from the myriad other things that I can't get off my mind.

I cannot loathe the 14th of February this year. Pitches and catchers report, and the sign that baseball will soon return warms my heart despite the fact that this year's particular version of the nightmare on Valentine's Day fast approaches.

I hope the good outweighs the bad this time around, but I'm not terribly optimistic.

Pray for me this month...

No comments: