Monday, March 20, 2006

KP, As Himself

Ah, yes. Thank you Dolan, for bringing up the great KP, as himself. KP, born Kevin Piascik, was a buddy of ours in college. He was, for lack of a better word, a drunk. Rather that try to get him help, we just pointed at him and laughed. A lot. KP was a regular at all of our keg parties, and it took about half an hour for him to become intoxicated. Soon, he wound up passed out in the corner, and it was always the same corner. This occured with such regularity that we named that particular part of the apartment, "KP's Corner." It was an otherwise non-descript patch of living room formed by the end of the entertainment center and the continuation of the wall. Completely unremarkable, unless of course, KP was occupying it. When I say occupying, I mean, he took up the WHOLE corner. You see, KP is a large man. I felt very sorry for Fish and Dolan on the nights they had to carry a very inebriated KP out of our apartment after a night of shananigans.

So the next time your raise your beer, think for a moment about KP's corner. KP, As Himself, This High Life's for you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KP.........AS HIMSELF FOLKS! Ahhhh, KP. The one guy we thought would flunk out of Riddle. I mean, NO ONE flunks out of Riddle. Alas, he also passed. And now he is pushing tin for Bahston Centa....I've never been so happy that Bahston (and MANNY!) are a medium-sized drive away. That way I don't have to fly and pray that I don't get KP as my controller. "Uhhhh, United 254, turn left heading zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" "uh, Center? Hello?"

Karen said...

Hey,
KP is my one and only.....well, okay my "Baby Boudah" and yes, he can drink alittle...well, really alot, but who's counting. I met him at a local bar, go figure and he tried to get me drunk the first few dates. Yet, three years later, we still drink on a Saturday night, do you think I'm heading down a bad path here...LOL. Needless to say, I have never seen the famous corner, nor has he developed one in RI, that I am aware of. I am surprised to hear this, since the sweet loving person, I am attends church and drinks only on special occasions. I am beginning to wonder about the KP :o) Sincerely,
The Unaware Girlfriend