Monday, March 27, 2006

A Battle of Wits Against the Unarmed

Our new enemy, Anonymous Junior, either doesn't keep up well enough with the blog, or simply lacks the mental capacity for thought progression. Otherwise, our dull-witted adversary would know that on several previous occassions I have addressed the topic of grits, the Affle House, and the South. If Anonymous Jr. truely believes the grits eaten at an Affle House in Cincinnatti are any different from grits eaten at an Affle House in Valdosta, GA, they are sorely mistaken. A Big Mac tastes the same in LA as it does in Times Square, so it is with Affle House grits.

Anonymous Junior, if you are incapable of keeping cerebral pace with my postings, please refrain from commenting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. truly
2. Cincinnati (again!)

First, I have not the inclination to review all your prior ruminations in search of pithy commentary on grits. I choose to comment on issues of the moment. Your "history" is far too insignificant to command my attention. Your present is equally insignificant, but I am entertained by baiting you.

Second, regardless of one's personal preference with regard to breakfast food, it is intellectually vacuous to pass judgment on an entire region over one dish. And as far as grits go, rejecting them based on one (or more) experiences at an "Affle House" (or do you mean "Awful House"?) is more than a bit disingenuous. Would you pass judgment on all hamburgers after eating one at McDonald's? I should think not. A McD's burger is not representative of ALL burgers.

Lastly, my moniker is A II. I am nobody's junior.

Check your Christmas stocking for a spell-checker. Until then, all the readers of this blog (both of us) shall suffer alike.

A II