Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Dolan

"Ok Higa, the reason that it's not Fish nor myself messing with you on your blog is not that fact that we're not capable of it, but rather we don't care about you enough to bother on a long-term basis." - Ben Dolan

A quick review of this blog will reveal a startling fact: The only person who has written more words in this blog than Dolan is me. Dolan's 4 comments are the most by any single person, and his sometimes three paragraph long notes are by far the longest comments left. However, my esteemed corporate colleague would have us all believe he has better things to do...

As for being capable of producing comments of the same caliber as our friend Anonymous, lets take a quick look at Bendo's most recent posting... "Not that fact that..." Clearly the first "that," in the sentence is not a typo. Ben obviously intended to put it there, despite the fact that he is grammatically in error. "Capable of it, but rather we don't care..." The lack of a comma after "but rather," is considered gross negligence in most english classes. "More or less something to kill time with." This is a sentence fragment. Most civilized human beings use complete sentences.

Our friend Anonymous makes no errors in punctuation, constructs gramatically perfect sentences, and writes with a creativity and clarity that sets him or her apart from many good writers. I have narrowed down the possibilities to only a few. Expect judgement to be handed out very soon, Anonymous. Your days are numbered...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very entertaining for me as the waves I've created with one rather lack luster insult – definitely not my best – have seemed to cause quite a stir.

Dan, I'm a bit flattered and actually surprised to get a bit of positive criticism from you. It's certainly something I'm not used too... and the bread crumb trail continues. My dilemma now is this past quote from you ”Most of my friends would tell you that the more I make fun of you, the more I like you.” which implies that any type of positive comment from you constitutes “not liking me”. Not a nice thought I guess, but something I can live with as long as I can stomp on you in this blog without fear of my identity being revealed.

Good luck with your continued search, the clues purposely left behind will only lead you to the same darkness those new curtains provide.

Anonymous said...

Higa,

I can't believe I'm actually giving you a compliment--but nice writing. The only ideas I can grasp at is that you've hired someone to write your blog on your behalf or that when extremely mad you collect what literary skills you have and put them to use.

And I'd probably be mad if someone called me short and brought up my mexican heritage in front of my friends... and on the internet.

-Dolan