Thursday, January 04, 2007

What Is, Was, and Will Be

Many people try to look back at the year that was right around New Years. Personaly, I like to wait until the year is over, take a few days to decompress after working the holidays (as usual) and then take stock.

2006 was a great year:

Congrats to Russ and Staci, and Ron and Christine! Here's to happily ever after!

Congrats to the St. Louis Cardinals! WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

Congrats to my employer! It must be nice to make money for a change...

Congrats to the St. Louis Swingers! FALL SOFTBALL CHAMPIONS!!!!!


2006 had its lows like any other year:

Tailwinds to the crew and passengers of Comair 5191

Tailwinds to Scotty, we miss you in the crew room

Still no sign of my future wife...


Some of you may remember (and the rest of you can look back and see) that last year I set but one professional goal for myself. That goal was to be hired by Continental Airlines. As the clock stroked midnight and ushered 2007 into the present, I was somewhere over northern Michigan headed for Marquette in my Eagle EMB-145. Apparently God had other ideas for me...

As for 2007, it has already been a busy year. So far I've been junior manned, been to Dallas for GPS training and a checkride, and found out that Rob has an interview. I hope the rest of the year doesn't race by at the same breakneck pace the first few days have established...

No comments: