Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Finally Moved In

So all of my things are unpacked, the wireless internet works, the entertainment center is up and running (aside from a defective satellite receiver). So basically all is well at my new residence, aside from the fact that I still don't have a curtain for the one window in my bedroom. This creates a serious problem. Because of the geometry of the room, my bed is positioned so that my head rests directly underneath the window when I sleep. All well and good until the sun comes up and pours through the excrutiatingly clear glass. Those of you who know me are aware that early mornings are about # 3 on the rather lengthy list of things that piss me off. Further complicating the issue is that the window is not a standard size, and window dressings are expensive. Finally, as though that wasn't enough, at night, with the light on in my room, everyone on the street has an unubstructed view of me sitting at my desk, or changing. It's not like anyone is really that interested, but then again, it's like a good car wreck, or a fat chic in spandex: So gut wrenchingly disgusting you can't take your eyes off it. The point of all this is that I need a curtain...

1 comment:

Obi Orjih said...

I used to always keep my curtain drawn, but I leave it open these days, even though I, like you, sleep next to the window. I have found that daylight still doesn't wake me up in the morning, even though I need it to most days. But then again, I do have those semi-see-through things covering the window, so it's not as bad as your situation.