Thursday, September 23, 2010

Multo Facile

You would think that a blog would be easy. A few lines every now and then. It's not as complicated as brain surgery, or even shaving. The simple fact, however, is that something makes keeping up with this blog incredibly difficult for me. Take, for example, my 4 + month hiatus from this page. It's not because I'm so busy I don't have the time. Realistically, I spend an amazing amount of my month sitting idle in my hotel room. It's not because I don't have anything to say either. Those of you who know me know that my opinions are as strong as ever. And it's not for lack of inspiration. Those days I don't spend amazed by my wife I spend admiring creation from on high.

So what's the deal? A few months ago, in an effort to rehabilitate this blog as well as my waistline, I started blogging about my workout routine. The reason I stopped blogging, by the way, is not because I spend an ever increasing amount of time in the gym...

What else is wrong? You'll find that several of the most "recent" entries on this site contain excuses of one kind or another for my lack of blogging. These vary between lack of time (see above) to my wife (again, see above) to my work (yup, look again.)

Today, somewhere over Kentucky, it came to me: I have managed to fill up my free time with video games and television and other such trivial things. A natural casualty of my habits was this blog. So, rather than stimulating my brain (and perhaps yours? Maybe???) I've been rotting it with mundane distractions.

I make no promises as to the future of this blog. Especially not since Halo: Reach just came out, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 comes out next month, and the month after that, it's Modern Warfare: Black Ops. (Yes, I am at heart a violent person.)

Hopefully, though, just maybe, I'll find the time to remember to use my words...

No comments: