Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Happy New Year

I can't remember who it was, but someone asked me today if I was working over New Years. I just gave the unsuspecting person that look. You know the look. It's the, "why are you asking me this ridiculous question," look. Of course I'm working New Years. I've worked on at least part of every major holiday since I got this job. (Thanksgiving 2005 doesn't count due to a bidding error.) Yes, when the clock strikes midnight and ushers in 2006 I will be comfortably asleep at the Hilton University Place in Charlotte, NC. For some absurd reason, there is actually a flight at 6:30am that departs Charlotte for Chicago on New Year's Day. The first officer on that flight will be yours truly. Yours truly will be beyond pissed if that flight leaves with 5 or less passengers aboard.

My displeasure with my New Years schedule aside, let me say this to all of you: I hope you enjoy a happy and safe New Years, drink one for me, and may 2006 bring you and those you love the very best of life.

No comments: