Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What Matters

How do you treat people? Are you honest? Are you kind? Are you respectful?

When everything boils down there are really only two important things in this life: Faith in God, and the manner in which we treat each other. By each other I mean ALL of each other.

Treating other people well is extremely difficult, when you really stop to think about it. Then again, almost anything worth doing is a challenge. Just as in any other challenge, your odds of success are directly tied to the amount of effort you put in.

I'm not sure what possessed me to philosophize on this topic tonight... It's probably because the effort I put in is lacking. I suppose I could make excuses about how passengers treat me, and how the rude drive thru attendant treats me, etc, etc, etc. The focus, in reality, should not be on how they treat me, but rather on how I treat them.

Perhaps if I treated them better they'd return my effort upon me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes in the attempt to spare one's feelings, men and women equally, will decide to walk away without notice leaving the other individual to wonder why. Am I not on the same level intellectually? Not attractive enough? What did I do or say that made that person want to walk away and not give any indication as to why. WHAT IS IT?!?!?!

Next time one chooses to walk away from another the courteous, and Christian, behavior is to tell the other person. Be an adult and suck it up, cupcake.

Good luck, Dan.

This posting can also apply to your "Women" posting.