Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Quote of the Week

Not a quote this week. A poem instead.

Impressions of a Pilot

Flight is freedom in it's purest form,
to dance with the clouds which follow a storm;
to roll and glide, to wheel and spin;
To feel the joy that swells within;
To leave the earth with its troubles and fly,
And know the warmth of a clear spring sky;
Then back to earth at the end of the day,
released from the tensions which melted away.

Should my end come while I am in flight,
Whether brightest day or darkest night;
Spare me your pity and shrug off the pain,
Secure in the knowledge that I'd do it again;
For each of us is created to die,
And within me I know,
I was born to fly.

-- Gary Claud Stokor

SMB - 05/12/80 - 04/12/03
"The flight west my friend, is a flight we all must take for a final check."

No comments: